Since teak and wood are natural materials and will always weather and check; we suggest using a power washer on the lightest setting with a mild cleanser. This process will bring teak back to its golden color. Apply teak sealer to your furniture to help seal and maintain the natural teak color. Adding teak sealor to your furniture helps resist mold and prevents black spots on teak. Paine’s Patio recommends that you store your teak furniture for the winter to protect it from checking or advanced weathering.
Contrary to popular belief, teak furniture does not require any special maintenance routine or any additional protection apart from occasional cleaning. Left to age naturally outside by being exposed to light, air and rain, teak will gradually change to a soft , silver-grey as the pigments in the surface layer of the wood slowly start to fade away. We recommend that you allow your teak furniture to weather naturally this way and simply clean thoroughly once or twice a year with our Teak Cleaner.
25oz / 750ml plastic bottle with trigger-action head. Water-based formula -both non-toxic and environmentally friendly. Cleans and brightens weathered teak in one, simple step. Each bottle is supplied complete with a special applicator pad.
1. Before using Teak Cleaner, protective gloves (included in box) and eye protection should be worn. Cover the ground under your working area before
2. First moisten the furniture with clean
3. Shake Teak Cleaner before use.
4. Spray Teak Cleaner on furniture and apply evenly with a soft cloth or sponge. Allow to soak for 5 minutes.
5. Brush the furniture clean with a scrubbing pad (included in box) and water in the direction of the grain.
6. Rinse furniture well with clean water.
7. For protection from stains, leave furniture to dry and treat with Teak Protector.
33oz / 1 litre plastic bottle. Water-based formula - both non-toxic and environmentally friendly. Special formula repels water and moisture. Helps prevent stains from food and drinks. Use on weathered teak to retain the silver-grey patina. Each bottle is supplied complete with a special applicator cloth.
1. Before using Teak Protector on weathered or dark grey teak, first clean the wood with Gloster Teak Cleaner. If cleaned wood feels rough, sand lightly before treating with Teak Protector.
2. Make sure the teak is 100% dry and free of dust.
3. Shake for at least one minute before use. Apply a thin layer of Teak Protector with a soft cloth (included in box).
4. Allow to dry for 4 hours (humid climates: allow more time for drying) and then apply a second thin coat of Teak Protector. Let the teak dry for 48 hours before exposure.
5. It is recommended that you treat your teak furniture with Teak Protector at least once every year. Tabletops should be treated more often. Note - Teak Protector is an almost invisible shield which helps to prevent food(coffee, ketchup, red wine, olive oil, etc.) penetrating into teak causing stains. It also protects the wood against moisture and adhesion of dirt and prevents mildew growth. After aging, the teak will weather to a natural silver-grey patina instead of turning dark grey or green. Should you prefer to keep the golden-brown colour of teak for a longer time, then first treat your furniture with Teak Sealer and then use Teak Protector afterwards.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
1. Before using Teak Protector, protective gloves (included in box) and eye protection should be worn. Cover the ground under your work area before starting.
2. Before using Teak Protector on new teak, put the furniture outside to weather for a week.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
1. New Furniture - clean with Gloster Teak Cleaner before applying Teak Sealer. For weathered furniture or furniture previously treated with teak oil/sealer - clean thoroughly with Gloster Teak Cleaner before applying Teak Sealer, ensuring all traces of old oil/sealer are removed.
2. Before using the Teak Sealer, protective gloves (included in box) and eye protection should be worn. Cover the ground under your work area before starting.
3. Shake Teak Sealer for at least one minute before use. Insufficient shaking can lead to uneven weathering.
4. We suggest you try the Teak Sealer on a small area first (e.g. the back of a leg) to judge if the colour meets your expectations.
5. Apply a very thin layer of Teak Sealer evenly over the furniture with a dust free cloth (included in box). Apply a second very thin coat after 60 minutes drying time(humid climates: allow more time for drying).
6. It is recommended that you treat your furniture with Teak Sealer at least once a year.
Disclaimer: The above are helpful hints to maintain your furniture. Always follow manufacturer’s recommendations. These can be found on the hang tags on the furniture or on the manufacturer’s websites.